Sunday, May 15, 2011

Amazing Ambrosia Salad aka Food for the Gods!




OK, so if I ever wrote a book about simple dishes that look complicated, this would be the cover-page! It tastes DELICIOUS! Takes less than 2 minutes to prepare.. if you are fast at opening canned fruit.

I never heard of this salad before, until I saw it being served at work for brunch. I never knew what was in it exactly but ate bowls and bowls of it. I later investigated and found out it was only 5 ingredients: coconut shavings, sour cream, pineapple, marshmallows and mandarin oranges.

I then looked up where it originated and this is what I found:



Remember, its equal parts of each ingredient.
1 cup diced pineapple
1 cup canned mandarin oranges
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup sweetened coconut shavings






Usually I decorate it with a round pineapple in the middle, oranges around it and cherries lining the bowl.. But I didn't have much fruit left today.

Hope you enjoy this salad, its perfect for the summer. Great dish to bring to a bbq as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment