Friday, June 27, 2014

Steak and Kale Salad

This is one of my favourite summer dishes to make. To me, a salad is not a meal, unless there is a steak on the side.

As usual, I improvise with what I have at home.
Here is what I came up with today: 

Salad

1 bunch Kale (shredded)
1/2 cup dried cranberries. 
1 red pepper (diced)
1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
2 carrots (grated)
1 onion
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic

I sauteed the onion, pepper and garlic with some balsamic vinegar and paprika seasoning. and then added it to the fresh ingredients. This is optional but adds more flavour to the salad. 


Dressing

Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 lemon (juice)
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp honey
salt and pepper to taste

Steak 

Seasoned with Montreal steak spice.
Let sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. 
Grill on the BBQ for 5 minutes on each side. (Med-Rare)
Slice and plate.



No comments:

Post a Comment