Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sugar Cookies

I was at my favourite store the other day, HomeSense, helping a friend pick out a housewarming gift for someone...and of course instead of being helpful, I wandered off into the cooking isles and forgot all about her. I picked out a few cookbooks, Thai was one of them.. so expect a lot of curries and noodles in the near future! I also got a swiss cookie press... I just couldn't resist. Cookies and baking isn't really my thing, but this is one of the easiest cookie recipes there is and they taste amazing, especially with milk. They also make good Christmas gifts or Halloween treats when decorated.

All you need is :

-1 large egg
-2.5 cups of flour
-2 tsp. vanilla extract
-3 tbs. sugar
-1 tsp. salt
-2 sticks of unsalted butter
First, mix the butter and egg...

Add the vanilla, sugar, salt and beat until its nice and fluffy


Now load up the gunn!!!!!


The one on the left was the first try haha. Now the right one was much better..

Flowers, hearts and pumpkins were the stencils I used.. but it comes with 12 different ones


Yea.. some burned a bit...


\This is the brand if anyone is interested/

1 comment:

  1. Looove your blog! Everything looks delish. And I work at homesense. Trust me, I know how you feel about it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete