Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Milestones' Baked garlic with Goats Cheese. For 1/5th of the price!


I love eating at Milestones, don't get me wrong. But sadly one of my favourite appies there is one that I can make at home any day! For a fraction of the price. I always kick myself whenever I order it and promise to try making it at home.. I finally did!

All you need is :
- 1 or 2 heads of garlic
- Olive oil
- Goats cheese (1 log is enough)
- Fig or apricot jam
- Crackers!

Slightly peel the garlic and cut off the top so that the cloves are showing through the skin


Place in a shallow oven proof dish, drizzle with olive oil, cover with tin foil and bake in a 400 degree oven for approximately 1 hour.


I let it bake for 40 mins and then open up the tinfoil for 20 minutes so that the garlic is a but crunchy and baked.


Serve with goats cheese and crackers. Add a sweet jam or sweet relish and you can also use warm pitas or melba toast

No comments:

Post a Comment