Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Perfect Baked Potato



I am not a big fan of potatoes-mashed/baked/fried.. they just seem so boring!
NOT THIS ONE!!!!!!!!

Best baked potato I've ever made actually. It even got compliments from other, more experienced, potato bakers and eaters.

I guess it could even be just a snack, instead of a side..it was a bit much with this dinner.
You can use any toppings you like: chives, bacon, cheese, olives, corn, beans and even tuna or shredded chicken.
I used what I had- chives, cheddar cheese and some sour cream to top it off.

I like it when the skin is crisp, and I think most people prefer it cooked that way too. In that case, NEVER wrap it in aluminium foil! Just stick it in the oven as is.
I used 3 medium-large potatoes and cooked them for 45 mins at 400 F on the middle oven rack.
Prepping them is easy:
-clean the potatoes
-rub salt and olive oil or butter on them
-poke holes all over it with a fork

Then after baking, take out the fluffy insides and mix them in a bowl with some cheese and chives and put everything back into the "shells". Top them off with more cheese and bake some more until it melts.

They are now ready to eat! garnish with extra chives and sour cream.





No comments:

Post a Comment