Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Apple Pie you've been waiting for...

When I went to Miami, my only goal was to find the best key lime pie in existence. I can never make a good one.. therefore all that I tried in MIA were 1000 times better and won 1st place in my books. I know I won't ever have this problem with apple pies, because this one is #1.

Ingredients:

Fresh apples from the farm ( I took these pictures back in October)
Peel and grate the apples, I like to grate them pretty thick sometimes even just slice them.



Simmer the apples on low-med heat to evaporate the juices. You can add some sugar or cinnamon to taste as well.


This is what you will need for the dough. Really simple.
Mix half a package of butter, 2 eggs and add a cup of sugar.

Add a table spoon of vanilla extract to the mix..and slowly add flour.
I start by adding 2 cups of flour, then keep adding more until the mixture looks like the next picture. It should feel soft and malleable.

You don't need a mixer, just use a spoon:)


Spread the dough on a baking tray. You can also use a proper dish but I like think crust pie.

Then spread the apple mixture on top (make sure you cooled it down after the juice evaporated)
Then take the remaining dough and roll it out. Cut thin strips and arrange them on the pie like this:

Glaze over with some beaten eggs and throw it on the oven at 400 degrees.

Bake until golden brown!


And we're ready for a tea party


My sister Liza, loves my pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment