Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Baked Brie


Since we're on the topic of quick hors d'oeuvre and puff pastry dough recipes, here's another one of my favourites:

I love brie on its own.. but the sweet jam and the pastry make it 5000 times better!
It takes 10 minutes to bake and about 5 to prepare. Totally recommend it for any get together.

I used phyllo that was already premade into thin sheets. Place the brie in the center of a stack of 6 phyllo sheets (12 for a larger brie). Spread a jam or some dried fruit on top and grade walnuts or cashews on top. I used strawberry jam since thats all I had, but apricot, pear and fig spread works wonderfully as well.



Every time you fold over a layer of phyllo dough, brush the top with butter, and proceed to the next layer. I did 6 sheets on mine and stuck it in the oven for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes turn off the oven but let the brie sit in there for 10 more.. it keeps it warm, and lets the cheese melt more without burning the pastry.





And voila:


No comments:

Post a Comment